It amazes me on a daily basis when I start adding up how much feed we sack in a day or how many tons of feed go out of our feed mills and stores each month. That is a good thing and the “name of the game”. So I put together some “Fun Facts”!
- The feed departments have sold 55 pallets of whole corn since August 1st and 95 pallets so far this year. That is 3,800 BAGS or 190,000 pounds of corn!!
- Our merchandise is doing well also – 115 pallets or 5,665 bags of water softener salt since January 1st.
- Fertilizer, including all the Ultimate Fertilizers, 13-13-13 and 46-00-00 total almost 2,500 bags.
- Fall is BUSY time for our cattle producers and Greg Farney has been out visiting many of them. Greg has sold 10 semi loads of LIC tubs and 7 semi loads of mineral to our customers. The semi’s carry approximately 50,000 pounds of product, with that being said, Greg has sold approximately 850,000 pounds of product! Good job Greg!!
I thought this was interesting and easy to see how these items add up over the course of a month or a year.
Our Feed Route is growing and now takes two loads to get all stores serviced. So that should mean that we have more product going out the door to our customers. Last week 22 pallets went out to our locations and I think it is great that we are getting more centralized and utilizing the Feed Route service.
I am also excited about our partnership with Stan Troyer at Yoder Elevator. Stan is offering the convenience of Central Prairie Co-op feed, including feed for dairy and beef cattle, feed for chickens, dogs, horses and swine. Stan offers FREE local delivery on Wednesdays!
– Verton Miller, Feed Department Manager