“Todays Technology Yesterdays Values” is the core belief of Central Prairie Co-op. Central Prairie Co-op provides an opportunity to students that share this value, it comes as a scholarship to Barton Community College in Great Bend, Kansas and Hutchinson Community College in Hutchinson, Kansas.
The Central Prairie Co-op Board of Directors along with General Manager Joe Schauf established the following criteria:
- Available to students entering the field of Agriculture
- Must maintain a 2.5 GPA
- Have full-time status enrollment
- Student must complete the Scholarship Application with personal statement
- Preference will be given to children who are members of the co-op and/or employees of the co-op
- Each scholarship winner will be provided a $600 ($300 per semester) scholarship
For more information on this scholarship please contact:
- Cindy Keast – Hutchinson Community College – firstname.lastname@example.org or click here
- Nancy Wiebe – Barton Community College – email@example.com or click here
- Felecia Davis – Central Prairie Co-op Main Office – firstname.lastname@example.org
The 2015 – 2016 recipient of the Hutchinson Community College scholarship is Luke Schweizer of Sterling, Kansas. Luke is a returning HCC sophomore and a second year recipient of the Central Prairie Co-op Scholarship. Luke plans on graduation from HCC this Spring, then transferring to a four year college to continue his education in agriculture.
Luke is the son of Tom & Christy Schweizer.
The 2015 – 2016 recipient of the Barton Community College scholarship is Nicholas Gerdes of Great Bend, Kansas. Nicholas is a freshman majoring in Agronomy.